1. Each contestant may enter one individual, one duet, and one dance category and play in one band. Individuals may be judged during their band’s performance, but not duets.
2. A senior old time band must have at least three members consisting of banjo played old time style, fiddle, and guitar. No more than seven members. Must have the same members in preliminary and final competition.
3. A senior bluegrass band must have at least four members consisting of banjo played in bluegrass style, guitar, bass, and fiddle and/or mandolin. No more than seven members. Must have the same members in preliminary and final competition.
4. Junior bands must have at least three members age 16 and under, and may be accompanied by one adult. Junior individuals must be 16 and under, and may have one string instrument backup of any age. Youths may enter adult or youth categories but not both.
5. All vocal entries should be traditional, original or folk songs. Solo vocalists may play an instrument while they sing and have one additional string instrument backup. Vocal duet singers may play one or two instruments themselves. Songs may also be presented a capella.
6. Acoustic instruments only, except electric bass guitars are allowed in bluegrass bands. Electric basses will not be judged in individual contest.
7. In case of broken strings or picks, or a malfunction of the sound system or lights, contestants affected will be allowed to repeat their performance, playing the same tune or song, without penalty.
8. All judges are musicians themselves. Their decisions are final and will be supported by management.
9. The management reserves the right to make video and/or audio recordings of any performance without consent from any performer or group. Any contestant agrees the recordings are the property of the management.
10. No copyright music.
Please be respectful of fellow campers with the volume of your electric instruments. Thank you.
Copyright 2018 Alleghany County Fiddlers Convention Site hosted by LS.net